Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pastry chef vs boxes

Is it as easy to be a pastry chef nowadays as it was 20 years ago ? Maybe not. Check with your provider each one of them sells magic powder to make cake, genoise, cookie, chocolate mousse and more or already made cheese cake or cookies.
If I have my restaurant or my pasty shop why should I wake up at 4 am every morning when I could just pull everything from a box... But should I choose the "easy" way ? Maybe not! Read the labels, make some research. , preservatives, food coloring, extra sugar and/or salt added, high fructose corn syrup, trans fat and much more.Are does in my daily basis ingredient list ?
If I make cookies I’ll need butter, sugar, eggs, flours, chocolate chips. I know butter, sugar and yolks are not good for health either but don't you feel a little bit better knowing that at least your food is made with real ingredients.

Does orange juice from concentrate taste better than fresh orange juice ... ??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment